How To Renew Your Driving Licence Online?
Did you know that failing to renew your driver’s licence and allowing it to expire might result in a fine of up to £1,000?
Is it necessary for me to renew my driver’s licence?
Yes. Your driving licence is valid until you reach 70 years of age, but you are required to renew your photocard every 10 years.
We recommend you update your licence as soon as you receive written notification from the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). Once your application is processed, you should receive your new licence within 14 working days.
What makes renewing your driver’s licence so important?
Driving without a valid driver’s licence is against the law. Driving with an expired licence can result in a fine of up to £1,000, as well as having your motor insurance invalidated.
How to renew a photo driving licence?
It’s a quick and straightforward process that needs to be completed every 10 years, depending on your preferred technique. You can renew driving license online or by submitting a D1 Form thought the post.
How can I check if my driving licence has expired?
An easy way to check is on your photocard under section 4b. On the back, you will also see under section 11 a valid to-date. Usually this is the day before you turn 70. You will be required to renew your licence every three years after your 70th birthday.
Can I still drive if I’m waiting for my new licence?
Yes, you are still allowed to drive while awaiting your renewal. There are a few exceptions that include:
• You have not previously held a valid driving licence.
• Your licence has been invalidated /revoked.
• You have been disqualified or suspended from driving.
• You have been given instructions by a doctor that you can’t.
If any of these reasons or others apply to your situation, you will not be able to drive your car while you wait for your driving licence to be renewed.
To complete your driving license renewal online, make sure you have all requirements ready:
• You have your current driving licence.
• A valid UK Passport.
• Residency of Great Britain (Northern Ireland residents will need a different service).
• A history of your addresses from the past 3 years.
• Your National Insurance Number/Passport Number
• Must be qualified to drive. (If you’ve been disqualified, you will not be able to apply for another licence online)
Your new licence will be valid for 10 years, starting from the date your application was processed.
Whether you need assistance with your application, documentation, or submission we can help!