How To Apply For Your Provisional Driving Licence
Before anyone can start learning to drive or take any of the three driving tests
• Multiple choice theory test
• Hazard Perception Test
• Practical Test
You are required to apply for a provisional driving licence for a car, motorcycle or moped. You will be required to fill out an application with the following information and fit certain criteria:
– Be a resident of Great Britain
– Meet the minimum age requirement
– Meet the minimum eyesight requirement
– Have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
– Have your National Insurance Number
– Provide addresses where you’ve lived for the last 3 years
How long is the provisional licence valid for?
The provisional driving licence itself lasts for ten years but you have two years from the date you pass your written theory test to take your practical test, otherwise you will have to redo the theory test.
Once the application is complete your provision license should arrive in the post within 2-3 weeks and you are ready to move on to the next steps!